- Australia Day Breakfast at the Youth Precinct - ceremony for those being naturalised on the day
- Food vouchers granted for those in need
- Support to enable necessary medical treatments for locals in need
- East Timor Alternate Leavers Project: Each year in conjunction with Margaret River Rotary Club and Cowaramup & Leeuwin Lions Clubs we financially contribute to this project where Yr.12 students travel to East Timor to participate in necessary community projects. The project is different each year and contributes to the re-building of the war torn nation.
- Lions / Apex Park- Next to the Margaret River Hawks footy club
- Funding for new mothers groups to complete the infant first aid course through st John Ambulance.
- South West bushfire appeals
- Local Sporting organisations - particularly in support of youth
- Sponsor a room at Ronald McDonald House.
- Donation to Australian Lions Foundation for drought relief appeal
- Margaret River Cemetery gazebo project.
- Major financial contribution to the upgrade of the Youth Precinct project.
- Installation of an above ground pool for a family in need.
- We also support Lions Institutes and Foundations dedicated to our primary causes - Vision, Childhood Cancer, Diabetes, Hunger and the Environment. Youth health, wellbeing and development is an over-arching concern for our organisation.
Margaret River Lions Club offers a unique opportunity to other not for profit groups within the area to raise funds for their own operations and projects. The Club offers $1,000 grants to local groups who are prepared to come and assist us with running one of our twice monthly Garage Sales. That's around $24,000 per year the Club is putting back into the community via these grants!
We typically need 4 volunteers (2 male, 2 female is ideal) to help on Friday 9-12pm before a sale and then 8am-12.30pm on the day of the Sale. Duties may include some lifting and handling of heavy items but is mostly light work. The grants program can provide your group with much needed funds for just a little effort.
Alternatively, groups can also offer to run the Sausage Sizzle on Sale day. The Lions Club BBQ is provided for this activity and groups can expect to raise around $500 on a regular sale day.
For more information about the grants, BBQ or to book a Sale date, please contact our Community Grants Coordinator Nigel Vangucci on Mobile 0419 937 116